Tuesday, October 8, 2013

And here... we... go...

So after years of hemming and hawing, I have finally decided to start writing down my ramblings on books. For those who know me, this isn't a big surprise. I love to talk about books. I mean, I *LOVE* it. I have been known to interject myself into conversations just to recommend a book about the subject that is being discussed. Yes, I know this makes me a weirdo, but hey, at least I am an informative weirdo, right?

So, what kind of books will I be talking about? I read a ton of YA stuff for my employment, but really, I think they are some of the best books being written out there today. They deal with a LOT of stuff in the YA realm, and they do it with style! I also read a fair amount of fantasy and science fiction, so you'll see me posting about that as well. I am also hoping to get people I know to write up some stuff from time to time to fill in gaps in areas I don't read.

Anyways, so here at this blog, I will just be talking about things I like about books. I'm not the kind of reviewer that goes into minute detail and picks apart a book for the sake of it. I would rather focus on the things that work in a book and just promote reading as a whole, rather than lambasting authors who obviously put their heart and soul into works of art.  

So thanks for dropping by, and hopefully, you'll find some of these reviews useful. I am not making any money off this site, nor am I getting lavish gifts from the authors and publishers, by the way. I will gladly accept ARC's and other books, but I can not guarantee that every book will be reviewed if sent my way. I only post positive reviews, so you can always rest assured that at the very least, you won't receive negative press from this site!

Brandon



No comments:

Post a Comment